Recruitment process outsourcing is the cure for a zombie economy
Our economy continues to shuffle along like a zombie. If you ask me, recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) might be the shotgun some companies need to blow past the zombies and take their world back.
In most zombie movies, the main characters are trapped in a house or running from the zombies to reach safety. It feels the same right now with our economy: Companies are like scared teenage campers, unsure of what to do, just waiting for the zombies to close in.
So do we run? Do we stand and fight? Or do we just wait to be infected and become zombies too?
Like those teenage campers in the movies, most companies are simply unsure about recruiting in this economic environment. Here are three common recruitment options that many panicked companies turn to, and the reasons why these strategies might not be the best option.
- Create an internal recruiting group. Hire staff, managers, and invest in more tools (such as technology and software) and hope the need and results justify the cost. This is like paying a lot of money to build a well-stocked bunker with state-of-the-art equipment. What happens when the zombies cut the power lines or when they break in and infect the people inside?
- Utilize outside recruiting companies when needed. Continue to pay big fees to companies to recruit when you need someone and hope you don’t need too many. It’s kind of like hiring mercenaries to kill the zombies. The problem is that others might be hiring them to kill zombies for them, too, and the highest bidder usually wins.
- Have your HR department recruit. Use your overworked and understaffed HR department until they can no longer keep up. It’s not really fair when you give them one gun and two bullets to kill an army of zombies.
If you’re ready to pick up your shotgun and blast your way out, I’m with you. Here are three reasons why recruitment process outsourcing makes sense right now.
- Scalability. RPO offers a way to easily scale up and down if needed. This is like having a pistol or a machine gun, depending on how many zombies you’re fighting.
- Focus. An RPO program can be focused in a specific area to put more emphasis where you need it. This is like making sure you have protection from zombies at the front door, the back door, and the cellar door.
- Expertise. With an RPO program, you get the knowledge of dedicated recruiters and recruiting managers. I don’t know what it takes to kill a zombie (I have never personally done it). However, knowing the right way usually saves a lot of time and keeps them from just getting up and terrorizing you further.
Recruitment process outsourcing can help you wake up your recruiting program and blast your way out of this zombie economy. It takes some courage, but it’s a lot better than waiting for the zombies to close in.
If you need a little more information before pulling the trigger, check out our eBook: “Recruitment Process Outsourcing Definition, Costs and Models.”